14 April 2010

Dawson's Creek The Series Finale Classics

To say that I love the show is an understatement. I love Pacey more that I loved any boyfriend who graced my boring existence. I guess that's why I'm still single. I haven't met my Pacey. Not that I'm complaining.

Here are some lines, mostly Pacey's, that made me smile, cry, laugh, swoon, giggle, and a host of other emotions. You gotta admit the hilarity of some lines make you feel all of those. Wait, it's a drama series? Hah! Sometimes the story sucks and the lines illogical but hey, I love the show, period.

Part 1 All Good Things...

Doug: Alright, just this once, I'll let you go with a warning.
Jack: Thanks, honey.
Doug: No, no, no. Never call me that.
Jack: Dude, it's a deserted road. Chill.
Doug: Don't call me dude either.

Jen: Looks like Capeside finally hired a good teacher.
Jack: Good teachers are just traumatized students trying to erase whatever went wrong with their own high school experience.

Doug: You know, I don't understand it. You completely turned yourself around. You got the whole respect thing going, you're a business owner--at 25... completely unheard of Pace. I mean, you're doing good, brother. Why do you have to hang on to that last tail of bad boy stuff?
Pacey: Why can't I be Pacey and bad?

Grams: If the idea of marrying him makes you want to run screaming in the other direction, probably a good indication that he's not the one for you.
Joey: You guys don't understand, I mean, he is... he's perfect. And if he's not the one for me then who is?

Jack: It's like we're having some kind of affair yet neither one of us are even married.
Doug: Not all of us were fags at 15, Jack, it's not so easy for some of us.
Jack: I... I can't believe you just said that.
Doug: I'm... I'm sorry.
Jack: No, you're not. You know the difference is between you and me, Doug? You were a fag at 15, you just haven't stopped hating yourself for it.

Joey: Audrey's singing backup with John Mayer. She is touring Europe and she's got some boyfriend she calls the Anti-Pacey. He's totally boring and really sweet or something.
Pacey: And really sweet as opposed to the actual Pacey? And that's from my ex-girlfriend, no less.

Joey: Pacey, thank you so much for reopening this place. I did not know how much I missed it.
Pacey: Cheers! Maybe if your daddy hadn't burned it down in the first place, it'd still be yours.

Ah, you know me I'd be miserable if I was happy. - Pacey

Dreams aren't perfect, Dawson. They come true, not free. - Joey

Dawson: Best thing we could do is be ourselves, carry on in our typical, usual, distracting...
Pacey: Sordid love triangle ways.
Dawson: Leave it up to you to say the most inappropriate thing possible.
Pacey: I'm always dependable, my friend.
Joey: So very not funny. [phone rings] Hi, Christopher...
Dawson: And the triangle becomes a square.
Pacey: Well put.

Jen: What are you doing here? It's late. Doesn't this hospital have visitation hours?
Jack: I, uh, flirted with a nurse. I'm quite charming when I want to be.
Jen: What happens when she finds out you're gay?
Jack: It's a male nurse.
Jen: Cute?

Part 2 ... Must Come to an End

Jack: Who wants to go first?
[Dawson and Joey look at Pacey]
Pacey: Send in the clown, huh?

Jen: So they sent you in first?
Pacey: Yeah. I'm the opening act.
Jen: Well, you can start off by wiping that fake smile off your face. Say something, Pacey.
Pacey: Well, Jack tells me you're dying. Other than that everything's okay, right?

What's wrong, guys? Someone died or something? - Jen

Jen: C'mon, guys, it's funny, okay? It has to be. It has to be funny otherwise I'm gonna get angry and bitter, and I don't want to.
Pacey: She gets very crappy on her deathbed.

Bessie: Because you bolted and came back here and realized you're still in love with your ex-boyfriends.
Joey: I am not still in love with my ex-boyfriend.
Bessie: No, you're still in love with your ex-boyfriends, plural.

Pacey: Well, c'mon, Dawson went off and conquered Hollywood, you ran away to Paris and New York, and I...
Joey: No, I didn't run, I flew--coach.

Jen: What about that girl they cast as me? Ugh. I've often thought of getting a lawyer and suing his ass.
Joey: At least you get to have sex. All I do is mope around and pine after Petey then Colby, then Colby, then Petey...

Joey: I mean, I know who I'm supposed to be with, I've always known.
Jen: Really?

What if I demand that you make that decision? No more running. I'm going to make it my dying wish. My death will serve a better purpose. It's your ultimate motivator. - Jen

I've never really believed in God. In fact, I've spent a lot of time and energy trying to disprove that God exists. - Jen

Pacey: Dawson still doesn't know I borrowed this.
Jen: You mean stole?
Pacey: No, I mean borrowed. You don't steal from friends.
Jen: When did you borrow it?
Pacey: Uh, in 1998, right after he shot it.

I recognize a Joey trance when I see it. - Jen

Jen: I don't wanna leave my daughter. I don't wanna leave her alone.
Pacey: We will not leave your daughter alone, I promise you that. Saturday nights has me and Amy's name written all over it, okay? We will take care of your baby, I promise you. Oh, my God.

It's not about getting it right, it's... it's about knowing what is wrong and doing something about it. - Andie

Jen: I want her to belong. I feel like I never really did.
Jack: Jen, you belong. You belong to me. Don't you get it? You're my soulmate.

I'll see you soon, child. Soon. - Grams

Pacey: You're off the hook.
Joey: What?
Pacey: You're off the hook. Oh, I've never really put much faith in all that 'if you love someone, set them free' crap, as evidenced by everything I've done in my life up to this very moment but I am determined to be happy, Joey. Happy in this life. And I love you. I mean, I always. I have always, always love you. But our timing has just never been right. And the way I figure it, time is no man's friend. So I have to get right with that and be happy, now. Because this is it, I mean, this is all that we get. If there's one thing I've learned from losing Jen, that's what I've learned.
Joey: Pace... I...
Pacey: Actually, I, um... hold on, I'm not done yet. Because I want for you to be happy. It's really important for me if you'll be happy. So I want you to be with someone, whether it be Dawson or New York guy or some man you haven't even met yet. But I want you to be with someone who can be a part of the life that you want for yourself. I want you to be with someone who makes you feel like I feel when I'm with you. So, I guess the point here to this long run-on sentence that's been the last ten years of our lives, is just that the simple act of being in love with you is enough for me... So, you're off the hook.
Joey: You know, for the record, I don't wanna be let off the hook. If everything in my life that I've done has... led me here... right now, and... the last thing I want, need or deserve to be, is let off somebody's hook.
Pacey: Please don't miss my point here. I don't really have...
Joey: And don't miss mine.

Joey: I can't be let off the hook because I might just get the notion that's it's okay to keep running.
Pacey: So then, what exactly are you saying here?

Jack, being a good parent means knowing that your child is bound to fall down. You just have to show them how to get back up. - Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment