21 January 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Memorable Lines

Chapter 1 The Dark Lord Ascending

I shall attend to the boy in person. There have been too many mistakes where Harry Potter is concerned. Some of them have been my own. That Potter lives is due more to my errors than to his triumphs. - Voldemort

What say you, Draco? Will you babysit the cubs? - Voldemort

Chapter 3 The Dursleys Departing

Just in case you've forgotten, I've already got a house, my godfather left me one. So why would I want this one? All the happy memories? - Harry Potter

Uncle Vernon (Dursley): I thought there was a Ministry of Magic?
Harry: There is.
Uncle Vernon: Well, then, why can't they protect us? It seems to me that, as innocent victims, guilty of nothing more than harboring a marked man, we ought to qualify for government protection!

Dudley Dursley: Dad -- I'm going with these Order people.
Harry: Dudley, for the first time in your life, you're talking sense.

Dudley: I don't understand.
Aunt Petunia (Dursley): What don't you understand, popkin?
Dudley: Why isn't he coming with us?
Uncle Vernon: What?
Dudley:Why isn't he coming too?
Uncle Vernon: Well, he -- he doesn't want to. You don't want to, do you?
Harry: Not in the slightest.
Uncle Vernon: There you are. Now come on, we're off.
Uncle Vernon: What now?
Dudley: But where's he going to go?

Harry: They think I'm a waste of space, actually, but I'm used to --
Dudley: I don't think you're a waste of space.

Hestia Jones: But he hasn't said thank you at all! He only said he didn't think Harry was a waste of space!
Harry: Yeah, but coming from Dudley that's like 'I love you.'

Chapter 4 The Seven Potters

Harry: If you think I'm going to let six people risk their lives -- !
Ron Weasley: -- because it's the first time for all of us.
Harry: This is different, pretending to be me --
Fred Weasley: Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry. Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.
Harry: You can't do it if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some hair.
George Weasley: Well, that's that plan scuppered. Obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate.
Fred: Yeah, thirteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic; we've got no chance.
Harry: Funny, really amusing.

Ooh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry. Oh, you know what I mean -- Goyle's potion looked like bogies. - Hermione Granger

Fred and George: Wow -- we're identical!
Fred: I dunno, though, I think I'm still better-looking.

I knew Ginny was lying about that tattoo. - Ron

Chapter 5 Fallen Warrior

Mrs (Molly) Weasley: How do you feel, Georgie?
George: Saintlike.
Fred: What's wrong with him? Is his mind affected?
George: Saintlike. You see... I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?
Fred: Pathetic. Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey?
George: Ah well. You'll be able to tell us apart now, anyway, Mum.

I mean... if somebody made a mistake and let something slip, I know they didn't meant to do it. It's not their fault. We've got to trust each other. I trust all of you, I don't think anyone in this room would ever sell me to Voldemort. - Harry

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment