01 February 2010

Dawson's Creek Season 2 Classics

To say that I love the show is an understatement. I love Pacey more than I loved any boyfriend who graced my boring existence. I guess that's why I'm still single. I haven't met my Pacey. Not that I'm complaining.

Here are some lines, mostly Pacey's, that made me smile, cry, laugh, swoon, giggle, and a host of other emotions. You gotta admit the hilarity of some lines make you feel all of those. Wait, it's a drama series? Hah! Sometimes the story sucks and the lines illogical but hey, I love the show, period.

Episode 1 The Kiss

Andie: You had your tips frosted?
Pacey: Yeah.
Andie: Your tips are in an attempt to wear to a certain someone? Hot tip: Kristy Livingstone, is a homo sapien. So perhaps you should try barking up a different tree.
Pacey: And perhaps you should just stop barking altogether.

Because I'm not sure I can stay married to a woman I love and hate in equal measure. - Mr. Leery

Episode 2 Crossroads

Pacey: Oh, you want some advice? How about this. Your life is not that interesting.
Dawson: What?
Pacey: You know, I am so sick and tired of hearing about you and Joey's boring, little mini-drama, I'm gonna start tearing my fingernails for relief! Get over yourself, Dawson, deal.

Pacey: Well, I'm sorry, were you in a mistaken impression that you're actually invited?
Andie: It says "Come one, come all!"
Pacey: No, you gotta read the fine print that says "Come one, come all, except spoiled trust fund casualties from Rhode Island."

Andie: Look, Pacey, if you want me to leave...
Pacey: No, no, that's okay actually. You're the only person that I recognize here. And I ask you, how sad is that?

Andie: But new people make me nervous. I... I never know what to say and then eventually I just clam up totally.
Pacey: You joking? Because you haven't stopped talking since the moment I met you.
Andie: You don't make me nervous, you make me mad. Mad beats nervous.

Episode 3 Alternative Lifestyles

Mr. Maddock: You two will be a well-to-do same sex couple. Trey, you're gonna be a pediatrician. Jeff, you're an advertising executive.
Trey: What do you mean same-sex?
Mr. Maddock: Oh, as in gay. Okay and you're planning on getting married and your wedding expenses have got to be patterned on your budget.
Trey: What do you mean gay?

Jen: I mean, take a look at him. He's totally into Joey. He's in-love with her.
Abby: Ugh, he's a 15-year old boy. He doesn't know what love is.

The idea that people actually have to budget their monthly income is like some fascinating novelty to you. You're rich and you're spoiled, and that's what it comes down to. - Pacey

Abby: Kenny, what do you think of Joey Potter?
Kenny: She's hot.
Abby: Oh, shut up! What do you know? You're practically wall-eyed.

Dawson: Who are you? What happened to Jen?
Jen: She got bored. She decided to liven things a bit.

Episode 4 Tamara's Return

Joey: Just that, don't set the kitchen on fire or anything, okay?
Jack: Yeah, well, um, thanks for that unqualified vote of confidence.

Well, shopping for me is like deep-sea diving. It's dangerous and it's exciting. And if I do it alone I may never come up for air. Please don't let me go by myself. I could drown in a sea of dresses and hair gels. - Abby

Pacey: Hey, you know, I'm out of here and I got no plans so what do you say we go out walk around downtown or something?
Andie: Yeah, right, what's the joke?
Pacey: No joke, I got no plans. And believe it or not I'd rather spend the afternoon exchanging barbs with a brat like yourself than flying solo so pinch yourself it's your lucky day. So, you in?
Andie: Well, um, yeah. I mean, might as well.
Pacey: Well, unless you have your heart set on watching Dumbo.
Andie: Nah. I've seen it like 700 times. You're not gonna throw me in front of a bus or anything, are you?
Pacey: It's an interesting idea. Hadn't thought of that.

Because with talent comes responsibility. And you owe it to yourself not to let this talent go to waste. - Laura

Andie: Has Pacey said anything to you about possibly liking someone?
Dawson: Liking someone? Liking who?
Andie: Liking... Ooh, I don't know, me?
Dawson: Not that I recall.
Andie: Oh.
Dawson: But that doesn't mean that he doesn't like you, I mean, he can very well like you. He just doesn't say anything to me.

This is what we, ex-English teachers call a classic "Pinter" moment. Where everything is said in silence. Because the emotion behind what we really want to say is just... too overwhelming. - Ms. Jacobs

Pacey: Who is this Pinter guy?
Ms. Jacobs: Stay in school, Pacey.
Pacey: Yes, Ms. Jacobs.

Dawson: Andie likes you.
Pacey: Andie hates me.
Dawson: When a girl hates you the way Andie hates you, it really means that she likes you. That's basic kindergarten psychology.
Pacey: Yeah, but you see that's different, Dawson. Andie is a girl, okay? And Tamara... Tamara's a... woman.
Dawson: Exactly, Pacey, you should be with a girl.

Just don't play dumb. When dumb people play dumb, it's very disconcerting. - Andie

Pacey: You like me. You really like me.
Andie: Pacey, please, stop torturing me.
Pacey: I want to. But I can't. There's something about you, McPhee, that bring out the sadist in me.

Episode 5 Full Moon Rising

Pacey: You know, McPhee, we really should just bite the bullet.
Andie: Meaning?
Pacey: All this verbal sparring we're doing is getting a little dangerous so we should just go out on a date before somebody gets hurt.
Andie: Forget it.
Pacey: C'mon, you know you want to.
Andie: Well, maybe if I was asked politely.
Pacey: Okay. Andie, would you like to go on a date with me tonight?
Andie: Okay.
Pacey: Well, don't sound too enthused.
Andie: I'll try to restrain myself. So where are we going?
Pacey: Um, how about the movies? You know that way we don't have to talk to each other too much, less chance of punches being thrown.
Andie: Good idea.
Pacey: Great.

Good. It's about time Pacey show some etiquette. - Joey

Jen: Look, I'm 16, okay? How's that going to look on your law school application?
Vincent: You're what?
Grams: 16 years old!
Vincent: Oh, my God.
Grams: Not even God will be able to save you if you don't get your hands off my granddaughter right this instant!
Vincent: Okay.

My dad... Oh, your granddad had answers, man, to every question. He taught me so much. He taught me how to shave, you know? He taught me how to drive a car, to save money, build a house, even. But you know he never told me what to do if my wife cheated on me. I didn't know to ask. - Mr. Leery

Grams: I will not allow you to slide back into your reprehensible New York behavior. Not while you're under my care. You will not disrespect me...
Jen: Wait a minute, that is not...
Grams: No, you wait a minute, Jennifer. This behavior will not be tolerated. You treat me with respect and you will act to become a lady. You will not degrade yourself. Not under my roof and not in my lifetime. Have you no respect for yourself?

Episode 6 The Dance

Andie: You guys are a bunch of cynics, you know that? I mean, what kind of high school memories are you guys gonna have if all you did in high school was bitch and moan about everything?
Joey: Bitching memories.
Dawson: Moaning memories.
Andie: You guys are completely sabotaging your high school experience.
Pacey: Guilty as charged.

Andie: Do you mean you would rather watch a movie about something than doing it yourselves?
Joey: Correct.
Dawson: Correct.

Dawson: Are you saying dancing equals sex?
Andie: No. I'm saying dancing could possibly be a really great foreplay.
Pacey: I love the way you think!

I don't think you're angry with me for kissing you. I think you're angry with yourself for kissing me back. - Jack

Nice punch, champ... I never knew he had so much testosterone. - Abby

Keep fighting for your lost causes. You never know when your luck might change. - Jen

Episode 7 The All-Nighter

Yeah, you know what, you got me. That's me, Mr. Embarrassingly Pure. - Pacey

Chris: You two interested?
Pacey: Huh?
Chris: C'mon, study at my place.
Andie: I was thinking more along the lines of the city library?
Pacey: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. His offer does have certain enticing qualities.
Andie: Since when have you been in such a rush to form a study group?
Pacey: Have you ever seen this man's house? His family is totally loaded. They got a satellite dish! C'mon.

You know, Chris, is there anything redeeming about you other than your house? - Pacey

Jen: You know what, I really am sorry about you and Dawson. I mean, I know that you may not believe this...
Joey: You know you're right, I don't.
Jen: Thanks, Joey. Thanks for making our conversation just as delightful as ever.
Joey: Anytime.
Jen: You know I used to think that it's our mutual feelings for Dawson that kept us apart, I never really considered the fact that maybe you were just a bitch.

Hey, boys and girls, you happen to be in the hands of a professional crammer. - Pacey

Andie: I think I was just more shocked by the idea that you have such so much experience and I, um, I...
Pacey: Will.
Andie: You're such a jerk.
Pacey: A slacker jerk.
Andie: Champion slacker jerk.
Pacey: What does that make you?
Andie: I don't know, Pacey. You tell me. I dare you.
Pacey: You, Andie McPhee, is the girl that I love to hate.
Andie: I love to hate you, too.

Episode 8 The Reluctant Hero

Dawson: Are you insulting me?
Pacey: You're an endangered specie, my friend. The last of a dying breed and this movie, is killing you softly with a song.
Dawson: You are insulting me.

I didn't realize it was possible to fail an aptitude test. This shows that you have absolutely zero career objective. Congratulations. Most people with your academic record can't walk upright. - Mr. Milo

I mean, anyone can change their fate. Heroes are made, not born. - Andie

Dawson: You know what, all I ever do is respect other people's wishes, okay? I'm sick of it. It makes everybody else feel better, it makes me feel like hell.
Mr. Leery: Oh, maybe because you're only concerned on the outcomes and not the intentions.

Jack, how do you know all these things that normal people don't know when you don't know things that normal people do? - Joey

Episode 9 The Election

Pacey: Your sincerity is so appealingly sexy.
Andie: And your sexiness is so appealingly sincere.
Pacey: You think I'm sexy, huh. What's so sexy about me?
Andie: How smart you are.

Jen: Dawson, I've read your script, okay. Your hyper-awareness is disarming. You've got to start responding like an adolescent and, and stop hiding behind that psychology degree that you don't have.
Dawson: What is wrong with being mature for my age?
Jen: Ugh. Because it's gonna trap you, Dawson. Because you'll gonna wake up one morning and you're gonna realize that the reason why you're not growing is you never allowed the process. There's a reason that we go from infancy to old age, think about that.

Normal never exist. It never did. - Pacey

Abby: I'll let you in a little secret, sport I'm just using that walking penis for his popularity and ultimately, I'll destroy him. Just like I destroyed your little girlfriend. It's just so easy. And victory's so much sweeter when you have to walk on other people to get it. Haha! I'm going to rule this school. And you and all those other halfwits are too stupid to stop me.
Pacey: Yeah, you're probably right, I mean, I'm so stupid that I didn't know that when I pressed this button on this little thing, that your annoying nasal whine was broadcast over this entire school. Oh no, wait a minute, that's exactly what I meant to do. Sorry! My bad.

Pacey: School's yours, pal.
Kenny: Yes!

Episode 10 High Risk Behavior

Andie: Do you not find me attractive?
Pacey: Of course, I find you attractive, Andie.
Andie: You don't want to?
Pacey: Do you want to?
Andie: I asked you.
Pacey: Well, I'm asking you back.

Jack: Art is about a world of uncertainty. And that makes it scary.
Joey: What scares you?
Jack: Sex.

Pacey: You have no idea what you've done for me just by being in my life. I mean, you make me feel like maybe there's hope for my pathetic existence and I don't have to sleep with you to feel that. I feel it right now, just holding you in my arms. God, I'm so lucky.
Andie: You know what, Witter?
Pacey: What?
Andie: You make me wanna do it.

Episode 11 Sex, She Wrote

Abby: You can play the whole demure, ingenue from Rhode Island with another audience, because I know everything.
Andie: You do?
Abby: Yeah. Like about the other night. It's the property of gossip transference. Pacey brags to Dawson, Dawson tells Jen, Jen tells me, I tell the world, you know how it goes.

Hands off. I don't wanna catch any of your diseases. - Abby

C'mon, Andie, since when do you listen to what Abby Morgan has to say? - Pacey

That's not true. We did not sleep together. I couldn't go through with it and neither could he. It wasn't right and this pathetic display here makes it all the more obvious why. - Jen

I don't know where you come from or just who has the misfortune of being responsible for your existence, but you are a lying, manipulative and cruel person. And the fact that you are only 16 years old makes me feel more sorry for you than any of the people in this room whose life you're so intent on destroying. You're pathetic. - Jen

Mr. Peterson: Is it possible, Ms. Morgan, that you're going to surprise me with your assignment? Is it possible that you finally decided to do something good before yourself and applied a little integrity to your education?
Abby: I wouldn't want to disappoint you, Mr. Peterson. I didn't do it. And integrity, just for the record, is a tired notion last seen in the late 70's.
Mr. Peterson: Well, then, I'm sure lack of integrity will make it easier to accept your F. Just for the record.

Andie: It's okay to be scared, Pacey. I mean, the world is a scary, scary place. Pacey, I don't want you to be scared of me.
Pacey: How can I not be, Andie? You're the one that's opening up this whole life for me. I'm just half afraid that...
Andie: What?
Pacey: I'm afraid because you're the single most important being that ever graced my existence. Andie, I'm falling hopelessly in love with you.

Dawson, it's not about the perfect setting and it's not about the perfect timing. It's about the perfect person. - Joey

Episode 12 Uncharted Waters

This is what I mean, Pacey. It's the same thing with you over and over again. The simplest instruction in the world and you find any excuse not to follow. How do you expect me to give you more responsibility if you can't even adhere to the most rudimentary directions? When I speak, you listen. Don't think, just do. Please! I'm not asking that much. - Mr. Witter

You know what? Screw you, Dawson. Not all of us can be the fair-haired embodiment of perfection, alright? Not everybody gets wonder kid and genius attached to their names. Some of us, are just simple-minded folks trying to make it through the day without breaking something. - Pacey

Cute? Man, Andie's beautiful. She's smart. She's funny. I tell you, this girl is something special. For whatever reason she seems to think I'm pretty special, too. Why can't you see that? Huh? Why can't you see me, man? When did you give up on me? When I was five? Huh? Ten? 12? I'm 16 years old, dad! And I'm here and I'm not proving that but I'm trying so hard for you. It's your job. It's your job to love me no matter who I am or what I become because you're my father. You're my dad! You're supposed to love me, you son of a bitch. I can't do this by myself. - Pacey

Andie: Have you been out here all night?
Abby: What do you care?
Andie: I don't care.
Abby: I bet you don't.
Andie: Well, Abby, what do you expect? I mean, your favorite pastime is making my life a living hell.
Abby: That's not what I do. I play such a crucial role in this little circle. You guys are just too unimaginative to notice. I'm the girl everyone loves to hate. I'm the scapegoat. The one you can take all of your anger and aggression out on and never lose a moment of sleepover.
Andie: You had it mixed up, Abby. You trash up. You're mean.
Abby: Well, being sweet is boring!

Do you know what? I create drama. And I think it's a valid extra-curricular activity. - Abby

Jen: You know for all your thinking you're not being very articulate.
Joey: I'm trying to apologize here.

Episode 13 His Leading Lady

Jen: Ty, is there a problem?
Ty: Um, Jen, I'd like to say that this accident could have been avoided. But with you standing nearby I lose all ability to concentrate on the job at hand.
Jen: Down, boy.

In my days, women didn't have many options. You got married, you raise a family, but now, what a wonderful time to be a woman. You can do or be anything you want. And without a man by your side. - Grams

You know, Dawson, as textbook-healthy as the letting go theory sounds, and you know, it may work out for you, it doesn't apply to me. I mean, this isn't just a case of teen romance gone sour. I know what I want, I want Andie. She's really hurting right now and whether she knows it or not, she needs me. I have absolutely no intention of letting her go. - Pacey

Episode 14 To Be Or Not To Be...

Pacey: Well, if you guys will excuse me, I've got a ton of homework to do, including Peterson's assignment which I haven't even started yet.
Jack: Yeah, I haven't either.
Dawson: Pacey Witter is leaving early to do homework. Haha! A slightly less believable and inquiring light.
Pacey: Ah, yes, it's a disgusting habit.

Mr. Peterson: I said stop. You will listen to me when I talk to you, young man.
Pacey: Why should I?
Mr. Peterson: Oh, that's it. I am writing you a pass. You can report immediately to Principal Markey's office.
Pacey: What part of you is it that gets off on torturing your students? Everybody else in this class may be afraid of you but I'm not! I see your miserable scare tactics for exactly what they are. The misguided lashings of a bitter, lonely old man who only feels good when somebody else in the class feels worse.
Mr. Peterson: Thank you for the analysis, Mr. Witter. I'll send a check along with the F you'll get on your report card.
Pacey: You can't fail me. I've gotten a B or better on every test we've had in this class.
Mr. Peterson: Hell, I can. I've been waiting to fail you all quarter.
Pacey: You disgust me.
Mr. Peterson: And you, Mr. Witter, are a failure. Destined to always be a failure. Trying to teach people like you is like spitting in the face of the entire educational system!
Pacey: [spits on Mr. Peterson's face] No, sir. That is spitting in the face of the entire educational system.

I'll just start it by saying that I'm more ashamed with what I did in that classroom yesterday than anything I've ever done in my entire life. It was flat wrong and I've no case here. I'm sorry... for the event. But I'm not now nor will I ever be apologizing for its intention. Everyday, we, the students of Capeside, come to a place where you guys are in charge. You tell us when to arrive and when to leave, when to move rooms and when to eat. You tell us when we're doing well and when we need to be doing better and we never ever question it. Because we're afraid to. Because to question is to go against the belief that the entire system is built upon, the belief that you guys know what's right. And I'm not afraid to tell you that what happened in that class yesterday was not right. To make a student cry, to embarrass him, to strip him of his dignity in front of his classmates is not right. And while I respect this system, I do not respect men like you, Mr. Peterson, I don't. I can't. And I never will. Not after what you did. You have a good afternoon. - Pacey

Episode 15 ... That Is The Question

Dawson: Okay, can we just stop and comment in the irony of the three of us sitting here.
Jen: Oh, you mean the proverbial, proverbial triangle.
Dawson: Here I am, single, sandwiched between two women who both dumped me. I am pathetic.
Jen: Hey, look at me, I'm dating a bible-thumbing hypocrite, okay?
Joey: Hey. My boyfriend maybe gay.

Pacey: Mr. Peterson, this may feel a little late coming but I am sorry.
Mr. Peterson: That stunt that you pulled was one of the few admirable moments in your life, don't ruin it with an apology.
Pacey: You are unbelievable, man. What is inside of you that makes you so damn mean?

Episode 16 Be Careful What You Wish For

Kelly: Oh, my god. Jack, you look amazing.
Abby: Wow, look's like the transformation from John-boy to John-John's all in a sharp, dippity-do.
Jack: No big deal. I put gel on my hair. That's pretty much the extent of it.
Abby: I guess when you get gay, you get style. I wish I would have nabbed you one sexual preference ago.

Jack: Why do you keep talking to me? I don't like you, Abby.
Abby: No one likes me. I'm an outcast. Welcome to the club.

I guess the thought of being gay seem like such a lonely thought. I just don't wanna end up alone. - Jack

Ty: I don't think we should see each other anymore.
Jen: So you waited on a freezing cold porch to tell me what was expressly clear two hours ago?

Episode 17 Psychic Friends


Whit: Evelyn Ryan? It's me, Whit. Whit Hubley.
Grams: Lord in heavens, I thought you were dead.
Jen: Great pick up line.

You know, just because there happened to be a second homosexual in Capeside, it doesn't mean that I'm obligated to go out with him, Joey. - Jack

Episode 18 A Perfect Wedding

And then this whole catering plan is just compounding my anxiety. I mean, all the blue-blood of Capeside are going to be at the wedding. I mean, this isn't the most low-profile setting for my father's re-emergence into society. - Joey

Jack: Well, the Ice House is catering a wedding on Saturday and we need some extra hands. Sixty bucks for the day.
Pacey: Sold! For sixty bucks I'd carry your ass.
Jack: Well, that won't be necessary.

Jen: And then when I think back on the best times that I've had this year? I've... I've had them with you.
Abby: Hah, I think that's the nicest thing anyone ever said to me.

You can spend your whole life looking for a perfect love and I promise you, you'll never find it. - Jack

I don't believe in perfect love. But I do believe that there are people whose lives are inextricably intertwined, who have a bond that lasts forever... that can never be broken. - Jack

Episode 19 Abby Morgan, Rest In Peace

Grams: You know, I can't say I was particularly fond of your friend Abby. I always had the distinct impression that she was mocking me... She was, wasn't she?
Jen: Don't take it personally, Grams, Abby was mocking everyone.

Andie: Wait a minute, this is her diary. The real thoughts of any girl is all in the confines of her personal diary.
Pacey: You know what? People's privacy deserves to be respected, even in death.

My name is Jen Lindley, and I'm friends with Abby, as much as anybody could be, because Abby had a toxic personality that bordered on the radioactive. Abby could be cruel, and Abby could be spiteful, and Abby could certainly decay. She spend her days mysteriously stirring up trouble and, creating calamity and, generally taking pleasure in other people's pain. You know in Sunday school, they teaches us that God made man in His image. Well, if God made Abby in His own image then what does that say about God? God has always been such a mystery to me. I mean, what sort of diety creates a world that is so full of suffering, and is so full of tragedy? Tell you what, Abby taught me a lot. That girl taught me how to deal with the tequila shooter with one hand behind my back. And she taught me how to live my life according to my own set of values. And not to just follow the crowd in hopes of winning some fans and popularity contest. But most of all, what's most important is that Abby taught me the sadistic nature of our God. And while that knowledge is disturbing, it's true, and it's real. And in a world that is so saturated with phoniness and with lies, for that small amount, for that little bit of honesty I will always be grateful to her. - Jen

Um, there are people who give me comfort in my life. Um, when the going gets rough as it inevitably does, I can count on them as a shoulder to cry on. And they will pick me up when I fall, and hold me in their arms as I cry and tell me that everything is going to be alright. I am so thankful for these people, they are priceless. But there is another group of people, just as important and just as priceless. They are the people who challenge me, who push me to my breaking point, and who forced me to muster courage I never thought I have. Abby Morgan was one of those people. In her own truth-telling way, she gave me strength. I'm a stronger woman because of her. Stronger than I ever thought that I could be. She gave me that gift. She was one of a kind. There's no one like her, and she will always hold a special spot in my heart. - Andie

Episode 20 Reunited

Dawson: Wait a minute though, I mean, no offense to anybody here but I called up Pacey to invite him over to watch a couple of movies. That hardly qualifies as group hanging out.
Pacey: But then I invited Andie...
Andie: I invited Jack...
Joey: And I better not need an invitation...
Jen: And I live here now.
Pacey: Let's face it, guys, we are this far away from the peach pit.

Just accept it that there are certain people who aren't meant to fit in your life, no matter how much you wanted them to be. - Jen

My life began when I met you, Andie. You never gave up on me so I'm not gonna give up on you. - Pacey

You're not gonna lose me, not now and not ever. - Pacey

Episode 21 Ch... Ch... Ch... Changes

Jack: Look, this isn't about me anyway, or you, it's about Andie, and what's best for her. God, Dad, let her make the choice. Let her make the decision. You know how damaging it would be to take her away now? Away from Pacey?
Mr. McPhee: I hardly think a teen romance is a solution to a medical problem.

Episode 22 Parental Discretion Advised

Andie did more for my life in six months than you did in 16 years, you rotten son of a bitch. So if you wanna make fun of me, you wanna bust on me, that's fine. But you so much as make one more even slightly disparaging comment about the woman I love, and I swear to God, you're gonna be policing this town from a hospital bed, do you understand me? And one more thing, even if Mr. Potter was involved in all these, he's still ten times the father you ever were. - Pacey

Jack, I don't wanna die but I just didn't care enough to run. - Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment